Traveling to (my) Cuba!

Keep calm and keep on travelin' to CUBA!  That is the theme of this weeks blog!

Despite the fact that the Trump administration is trying to scare and mislead Americans about traveling to Cuba, I can personally tell you (and so will others who've been there) that it is one of the safest countries on the planet!  I encourage you all to go….with ME of course! 😃

It is past time to end the nonsensical embargo situation against Cuba (of which the majority of Americans no longer support).  The longer we as citizens give OUR power over to others who obviously do not have our best interest at heart, this and other issues that do not serve us as a country, will sadly continue.

Since 2005, I have been to Cuba 23 times....and I can't wait for #24 and beyond!  The people are charming, the scenes are awe-inspiring, the music pulsates your spirit like none other, the cuisine is tasty, tasty, tasty and the overall experience of just being there is simply magical!

As most of you probably know, I am the author of the award-winning photo book Embracing Cuba - the book contains nearly 200 photos and 8 chapters, with the Foreword being written by my dear friend Mariela Castro-Espín.  A member of Cuba's parliamentary government, she also happens to be the  daughter of Cuba's President Raul and niece of Fidel --- yes in Cuba that's how I roll! 😌  

It didn't occur to me until after the book came out, but with Mariela's Foreword contribution, it marks the first time in nearly 60's years, that a Cuban and an American have collaborated in such a manner - or in a book project period!  And with a doubt it is the first that a Cuban political figure has collaborated with an American!  It's kinda historic that way - wouldn't you agree?!  I consider it a blessing and honor!

The following paragraph is from the Introduction of my book and gives insight into how Cuba has become such a magnet of love, respect, affection and attraction for me: 

The moment I stepped out of Jose Marti International Airport and walked toward the waiting tour bus, I felt oddly connected to the island. It was a strange, unexpected and overwhelming sensation that is till difficult for me to put into words. I distinctly recall hearing a voice inside me whisper, “I’m home.” Having traveled to many different and exotic lands since I was a child, I dismissed the voice as simply the overwhelming excitement at having finally arrived at the place I had long dreamt of. I mean, come on; how could I possible entertain a whisper like “I’m home” when I hadn’t even left the grounds of the airport parking lot. But the whisper persisted, and by the end of my inaugural visit, I began to sense just how prophetic that whisper would actually become. Ten years later, I feel even more blessed that my curiosity, my research, my newfound “amigos” y "familia", and the love I feel for “my Cuba” (as I now affectionately call her) continues to call me back to the island time and time again.


Time and time again indeed and more to come!   Don't take my word for it -- join me and experience the wonders of this glorious island for yourself! 

Below are my upcoming tours for the first part of 2018.  Contact me directly for more details and/or visit my travel website at www.embracingcuba.com and/or check out the travel video!   

Nos vemos en Cuba - See you in Cuba!  😎

Defy! Standup! Resist! 
Keep Calm…..and Keep Travelin' to CUBA!  


Viva USA! Viva CUBA!







Comments

Popular Posts